I used mSecure for a couple of years (see article here) for password protection. I liked it. But keeping my devices in sync, having low friction access to my data via the cloud, and not having auto-login capability caused me to take another look at LastPass. I made the switch and am glad that I did.
Now I don't have to worry about syncing between devices since syncing is not necessary. Each device accesses the data from the cloud but securely caches the data so that it is still available offline.
As with mSecure, I still wish that LastPass offered rich text formatting in the notes field. But it is quite nice having to remember only one (strong) password to log in to any of my online services. I no longer use a common password (very risky), but have a different strong password with each of the services that I use.
Here is a summary of features provided by the vendor in the app description:
LastPass is a password manager and password generator that locks your passwords and personal information in a secure vault. LastPass autofills web browser and app logins for you, and generates new, secure passwords instantly.
One password is all you need with LastPass – your LastPass master password handles the rest. Store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords, track personal information in photo & audio notes, and more.
NEW TO LASTPASS?
Download LastPass now and get the protection you need completely for free. You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
LastPass simplifies online life:
- Secure vault keeps your passwords safe
- Password storage - save and autofill personal info for all of your online accounts
- Secure vault holds all passwords – login with one password instead of dozens
- Anything you save on one device is instantly available on all your other devices
- Autofill passwords & personal info with Form Fill Profiles
- One password is all you need to manage your accounts. Sign in using your LastPass master password or fingerprint
- Autofill passwords in Chrome or Opera to make them into a private browser
- Secure safe info like credit cards, photos & more
- Vault keeps health insurance, credit card info & more safe
- Photo vault – attach photos to any note to lock them
- Audio notes – set custom voice memos that lock in the secure vault
- Store & search logins & notes from your vault
- Password manager makes it easy to store, save & search passwords from all your sites & apps
Finger Scan Lock
- Finger print lock secures passwords
- Fingerprint password activation – Scan your fingerprint and unlock your vault
- Autofill with fingerprint password fills
- Organize passwords in secure folders
- Store passwords in custom folders locked behind your LastPass password
- Sort into categories like Social, Shopping & more
- Share with friends and family
- Password, photo vault & note info can be easily shared
- Share login data for individual sites, or send secure notes to contacts
Secure Password Vault
- Multifactor authentication secures your password vault
- Lock down your LastPass account further with multiple forms of authentication
- Choose from top apps like Google Authenticator, YubiKey & Duo Security
- Plan ahead and give trusted family or friends a way to access your vault in case of an emergency.
- Add security and require a waiting period during which you can decline an Emergency Access request to your vault.
- Once access is granted, your vault syncs as a folder to their vault.
- Generate secure, customized passwords
- Generate new passwords for all of your logins and apps
- Audit the strength of passwords with the LastPass Security Challenge
- Test the strength of your passwords using our advanced auditing system
- Generate new passwords to replace weak logins
Secure vault makes data available offline
- Secure password storage available online or off
LastPass never has the key to your encrypted data, so your information remains safe. Your vault is encrypted with bank-level, AES 256-bit encryption.
For $24 a year, LastPass Premium offers:
- Family password sharing with up to 5 people with the Shared Family Folder
- 1GB encrypted file storage
- Secure Vault With Authentication - Premium multifactor authentication like YubiKey
- Priority support
- Ad free
- Desktop fingerprint authentication
LastPass is the easiest way to keep your password safe. Lock passwords, notes & photos with award-winning security.
Download LastPass and browse safer today!