We stayed at the Best Western Timpanogas Inn in April 2016. The first thing we noticed was the exceptionally friendly greeting we received at the front desk. That proved to be true for all of the staff during the days we stayed here. Their friendly helpfulness is not a surprise considering at least some of the staff are also students at nearby BYU.
This hotel has been recently renovated. Our room was clean and quite comfortable. For me there are a few simple requirements for an enjoyable hotel stay:
- A comfortable bed, bedding and quality pillows. Every night we slept soundly here. Very nice.
- If the a/c + heating is a window unit, it should be quiet enough to not be disturbing while maintaining the desired room temperature. It should not direct air at our heads while asleep. We never even noticed the a/c while it ran. Check.
- Reasonable vanity counter space. Not a large space here but we had what we needed.
- A flat reasonably large corner shelf in the shower (missing in many hotels, even high end brands), decent water pressure, and a plus when there is a light over the shower to facilitate shaving. All present here. Also, the towels were larger and higher quality than those usually found in moderately priced hotels. The bathroom door expanded from the warmer spring temperatures, so it needed some maintenance to close properly and the bathroom fan was rattly.
- A full size work desk and comfortable office chair with easily accessible power outlet. Done.
The free WiFi service is decent speed and requires a log in (though the connections are not secure as is hotel-typical).
There is a fairly large flat screen TV and a good couch. There was no power outlet on the bed side tables (usually provided in the base of the lamp), so I had to use an external battery to charge my battery after reading in bed.
The indoor pool and whirlpool are normal in size for a Best Western, but my wife especially enjoyed swimming with the temperature to her liking. The whirlpool water was cool our first night but the staff corrected it immediately and the temperature quickly rose to what is normal for most hotels, i.e., not hot, but sufficiently warm with good action jets.
The free breakfast was the same every day, but it was a good start for our mornings. Scrambled egg mix (with or without ham bits), sausage links, three waffle machines (most BW have just one) with a variety of waffle batters, biscuit and gravy, cereals, breads, juices and other drinks including hot chocolate. I was impressed with the young lady who worked hard every morning to keep everything in order in the breakfast area.
The Timpanogas Inn is well placed for when we visit family in this area and it was a very nice stay for us, so we'll be coming here often in the future.